Thursday 29 September 2016

Life Drawing session 2

Our second life drawing session involved sketching more drawings in a more limited amount of time in order to improve our time management when drawing. Our session also revolved around determining different light and dark sources by dimming the lights in the room and using a portable heater to reflect light on the life model.

I tried to outline and highlight the light sources and shade in the shadows displayed with a mixture of pencil and charcoal. I also tried to use a wider range of drawing materials for this session to add more variety to my work. A drawing material that I hadn't used yet in our life drawing sessions was a fine liner pen, in which I used to complete sketches of the remaining poses that our model did. Although I had done life drawings using a fine liner pen before, I found the task of using it to be harder than I anticipated because it had a thinner nib than I was used to, which meant that I had to make my sketches more rough and less precise.



No comments:

Post a Comment